How Can I Become a
1. Recognize that God loves you with an immense love and desires to save you.
2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is long-suffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.
1 Timothy 2:3-5
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus.
2. Acknowledge that you are a sinner, lost without Jesus Christ.
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; who can know it?
for all have sinned and fall short o the glory of God.
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
3. Accept that salvation is a gift offered freely through Jesus. It is not something to be “earned” by righteous deeds or good works.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God.
being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? Of works? No, but by the law of faith.
4. Repent of any known sins, confessing them to Jesus.
Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
5. Believe that God for Christ’s sake has forgiven you. As you surrender your life to Jesus, you are forgiven and accepted. The gift of eternal life is yours by faith.
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace.
1 John 5:11-13
And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
6. Since you are now Christ’s child, His precious possession, He will begin to work miraculous changes in your life through His Holy Spirit.
But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name.
2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
7. Our loving Savior has pledged to guide us from earth to heaven. You may fall but remember He is there to pick you up and get you started on the road to heaven again.