Prostate Cancer Treatment
Mark Sandoval, M.D.
- Water – drink at least 1 ounce of water daily for every 2 pounds that you weigh (this includes the herbal teas that you drink). Check with your physician first if you have problems with kidney failure or congestive heart failure.
A. Herbal teas
- Drink 4 glasses of the following anti-cancer teas throughout the day: Pau D’ Arco, Sweet Wormwood, Graviola, Milk Thistle, Saw Palmetto, Nettle, and Pygeum. Roots and barks are to be boiled for 20 minutes. Leaves and flowers are to be steeped in hot water for 20 minutes. Powders can be added at the end. Add two teaspoons of each herb to 8 cups water and prepare. Let it cool before drinking. Drink over the next 2 days.
- Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and/or cauliflower juice – eight ounces twice daily about ½ hour before meals.
- Hyperthermia (Fever treatment) – Prepare a bath with water as hot as you can tolerate, bring a bowl with ice water and a wash cloth, and bring a thermometer. Get in the tub and put the ice water cloth on your forehead as soon as sweating starts. Measure your temperature (mouth) every 5 minutes. You want your temperature to be 102-104°F and maintain that temperature as long as you can tolerate it—for up to 60 minutes—and then end with a cold shower for a minute. If you begin to feel bad, your heart is racing (over 140 beats per minute), or you become very weak, turn on a cold shower for a minute or two. Do treatments 3-5 times per week with one week off each month to recuperate. Repeat for six months and then repeat cancer marker tests. Keep up the treatments till the cancer marker tests return to normal. Then keep up the new lifestyle.
- Hot sitz bath –remain in the sitz bath for 30-60 minutes. Repeat daily. (This is for symptoms of prostate enlargement such as urinating frequently at night, difficulty urinating, poor urine flow, etc.)
- Heating pad – sit on a heating pad for 20 minutes approximately 1 hour before bedtime. This will help decrease the frequency of urination at night.
- Exercise – to tolerance, building up to two hours or more daily. Outdoor exercise (walking) is best.
- Live Temperately – avoid those things which are harmful (alcohol, tobacco, caffeine, excess sugars, free fats, animal products, etc.) and using wisely that which is good (don’t overeat, don’t overwork, maintain a regular, stress-free schedule). Avoid all pornography, lustful thoughts, and masturbation, and for married couples, limit the frequency of sexual intercourse.
- Lots of Fresh Air – Get outside in the fresh air and breathe deeply. Use deep breathing exercises (breathe in for a count of 4, hold it for a count of 7, and then breathe out for a count of 9, repeat this 5-10 times, and do this several times daily). Also, use good posture.
- Nutrition –
- Include – We recommend a whole food, plant-based diet composed of liberal vegetables, salads, fruits, legumes, and moderate (1 handful daily) nuts/seeds.
- Exclude – all animal products, refined sugars, free fats, and processed items.
- Add pumpkin seeds to diet regularly
- Add soy (1 cup at least) daily
- Add plenty of tomato products to your diet
- Switch to a 2-meal plan, eliminating supper if possible, or if you can’t eliminate supper, make it a very light meal. You want your food digested before you go to bed.
- No eating between meals
- No eating within 3-4 hours of bedtime
- Always have breakfast. It is the most important meal of the day!
- Turmeric – one teaspoon two or three times a day, taken with food or water. Continue for three to six months or longer.
- Garlic – ten to fifteen steamed cloves daily for as long as needed. If you cannot stomach the garlic, use garlic capsules (Kaolic) 2-4 with each meal.
- Brazil nuts – three per day for a few months and then add to diet on occasion (for selenium).
- black cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon ground daily
- Zinc – take a daily zinc supplement of your choosing.
- Coenzyme Q10 200mg daily
- Flax seed 2 tablespoons freshly ground daily
- Entire Trust in God – Develop or maintain a deep abiding relationship with God. Spend significant and meaningful time with Him in prayer and study of the Bible. In that abiding relationship, surrender yourself to obey all of His commandments, for in doing such you will find happiness and peace. Bring Him all of your joys and sorrows, needs and praises. Do not demand healing, but ask that His will be done in your life and accept His will in faith (cooperating with Him as you know how), knowing that His decision is for your best good. Remember, we will always have trials on this earth, but God desires to save us for eternity where we will never again have to deal with pain, sickness, sorrow, or loss again. Consider being anointed by the elders of your church, according to James 5:14
- Sunshine – to tolerance. At least ½ hour daily. Avoid burning. Avoid using oils or lotions on the skin with sun exposure. The best sun exposure is when your shadow is shorter than you are.
- Sufficient Rest – Get from 7-9 hours of sleep nightly. Go to bed at a consistent time, and go to be early. The maximal benefit from sleep is obtained by going to bed before 9 or 10 o’clock in the evening. Don’t forget to get the weekly Sabbath rest that God designed for us to experience (Genesis 2:2,3). Finally, give God all of your stresses and worries and let Him take care of Him. He can do a much better job of carrying them than you can. Just rest in His arms and allow Him to lead you along the way. He wants to give you His peace, which isn’t dependent upon what is going on around you, but is dependent upon Who is within you. Allow God to take the throne of your life and trust in Him. That peace brings more healing than many can imagine. Sufficient Rest is not so much about sleep as it is about peace.